Dr. Shahani's Acidophilus
ALL PROBIOTIC STRAINS ARE NOT EQUALLY BENEFICIAL!
Some strains are not even able to pass through the stomach before they die.
The DDS-1 strain of L. acidophilus, a unique, highly-stable probiotic of human origin, is the essential microorganism in all of our probiotic formulas.
Furthermore, WHEN PRODUCED BY DR. SHAHANI’S PROPRIETARY METHODS, this superstrain has been shown through 40 years of documented, peer-reviewed research by Dr. Shahani himself to display the following characteristics.
Dr. Shahani's brand of the DDS-1 strain of L. acidophilus is the essential probiotic in all of our probiotic formulas.
DR. SHAHANI’S ACIDOPHILUS:
(based on documented research)
- Helps digest proteins and carbohydrates
- Produces B vitamins and folic acid (essential for fetal development)
- Produces enzymes that help reduce lactose intolerance
- Produces natural beneficial acids that help digest food and fight infection
- Produces natural antibiotic-like substances that kill pathogenic bacteria
- Suppresses bad bacteria that cause:
- Skin problems
- Bad breath
- Stomach Ulcers
- Helps the body to absorb calcium
- Inhibits multiplication of cancerous cells
- Reduces serum cholesterol levels
- Stimulates the immune system
Probiotic strains vary widely according to their origin and method of manufacture. Even the same probiotic strain produced by different methods may very well have different characteristics!
The acid and bile resistance of Dr. Shahani’s brand of the DDS-1 strain of L. acidophilus assures this probiotic product reaches its target destination – the human gut. Furthermore, the exact strain researched and isolated by Dr. Shahani is a strain of human origin, making it most adaptable to the human GI tract.
The DDS-1 strain of L. acidophilus has been shown by Dr. Shahani and others to naturally produce lactase, reduce serum cholesterol and suppress H. pylori (a bacteria known to be the principal cause of stomach ulcers). Research has proven that DDS-1 also produces the natural antibiotic, or bacterocin, called “acidophilin.”
Perhaps the most significant benefit of L. acidophilus DDS-1 is its ability to stimulate the immune system, benefiting the skin and combating yeast and fungal infections.
Other acidophilus products may provide some of these benefits; but only Dr. Shahani's® brand of the DDS-1 strain L. acidophilus has been shown to provide ALL of them.